All that brisket is now gone. In addition to Brisket Sammiches, I used some of the meat to make BBQ sandwiches and this yummy tortilla soup that follows. This soup can be made with chicken or shrimp, but it is also a delish way to use up that leftover brisket.
Here is what you will need:
- 8oz leftover brisket, shredded
- 4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup cooked black beans (canned or homemade)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced (fresh or canned)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 purple onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- Tortilla chips
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- sour cream or greek yogurt (optional)
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Brisket and Bean Chili — Fine Cooking
- Leftover Brisket Ragu with Pasta — Rachel Ray
- Brisket Tostadas — The Pioneer Woman (these sound sooo good, I almost made them to go along with the soup)
- Or put some shredded brisket, lettuce, tomato, matchstick carrots and avocado in your favorite gluten free wrap for a delish lunch!
Whatever you decide to do with your leftover brisket, remember to balance it out with lots of veggies because it is a fatty cut of meat!